General Descriptions for the 10th International Turkish Olympiads
- The Olympiad in Turkey is the final stage of the Turkish Language competition.
- The official language of The International Turkish Language Olympiad is Turkish.
- The partipating countries determine the terms governing the national selection process
themselves. However, it is recommended that national selections are carried out according to the “Contest Guidelines” as stated in the 10th International Turkish Language Olympiad.
- The 10th International Turkish Language Olympiad will be held between May 30-June 14, 2012.
- Countries that would like to participate in the 10th International Turkish Language Olympiad must apply to The International Association of Turkish Language Teaching (TÜRKÇEDER). Countries that have not submitted an application cannot take part in the contests. In order to facilitate the visa process and the initial preparations, applications (Full name of the participants (passport name) and other requested information of each and every competitor) must be submitted by March 30, 2012. All applications will be done via www.turkceolimpiyatlari.org
- Students who have participated in previous years cannot take part in any of the contests in 10th International Turkish Language Olympiad.
- For male-only teams or female-only teams, one team leader will chaperone up to seven competitors. For teams with more than seven competitors, one additional supervisor may chaperone.
- For mixed teams (male and female) one male and one female team leader may chaperone.
- Guests or parents will not be accepted.
- Primary and secondary school students between the ages of 13 and 19 (born in between 1993-1999) may compete in any competition except for the song, poetry, sound and folk-dancing contests. The song, poetry, sound and folk-dancıng contests are for chıldren ages 12 to 16 (born in between 1996-2000). Any competitors that are not in this age range will not be accepted. In the essay contest, the upper age limit is 25. All university students who meet the requirements can participate in the essay contest.
- Each participating country has to participate in the Country Exhibition Stands Contest.
Competitors are required to wear their traditional costumes at the award ceremony. Therefore, each competitor should bring their traditional costumes to Turkey.
- All competitors, team leaders and supervisors are to cover their own international travel expenses. During their time in Turkey, accommodation, food and travel expenses will be covered by TÜRKÇEDER.
- The participating students and team leaders cannot attend to any other event or organization between 30 May-14 June 2012 without getting permission from TÜRKÇEDER. Otherwise they accept all the responsibilities and they cannot get rewards.
- Each country is given a certain quota of participants. Any team whıch exceeds the quota will not be authorised.
- TÜRKÇEDER will not award a double prize money except “Presentation, General Knowledge, Vocal and Reading” contests. In these contests, the prize money is given to the top three winners. Even though a competitor participates in more than one contest, he will be awarded the highest prize (prize money) s/he achieves. This rule does not apply in medals and certificates. All the medals and certificates s/he earns from various contests will be granted.
- Each country will compete within the designated group and be awarded separately.
- The evaluation of the contests will be made by jury created by TÜRKÇEDER.
- The results will be announced on www.turkceolimpiyatlari.org
- It is the team leader’s responsibility to obtain official documents required to leave the country of origin (passport , visa to Turkey, medical report, medical insurance, parental consent, etc).